I am such a curry-a-holic! Ever since I was a child my father would cook me the most diverse cultural food from a really young age and I love that my kids love it too… even our baby Indie loves a curry and she did before she had teeth !!
But our curries are not laden with cream and oil and meat, they are packed with plant-based goodness and so so tasty too!
Chickpea, Sweet Potato & Spinach Curry with Cumin Oil
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 inch (3 cm) ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ chili pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- ½ tsp Hot Pepper
- ½ tsp sweet pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 14 oz (400 g) can chickpeas
- ⅔ Cup (150 ml) vegetable broth
- ⅔ Cup (250 ml) Coconut milk, canned
- 3 cups (100 g) spinach, chopped
- 1 drop dōTERRA Cumin Oil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chopped ginger, garlic, and chili pepper. Fry and stir often for about 3 minutes.
- Add the peeled and chopped sweet potato, season with salt and fry for another 2 minutes, then add the spices and mix well.
- Next, add the chickpeas along with the brine, broth and coconut milk. Mix everything and bring everything to a boil.
- Cook for about 15 minutes without covering, stirring every now and again, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Finally, add the spinach and cumin oil, mix and take off the heat, and wait until it is wilted. Serve with rice.