I have become a little obsessed with adding herbs into my salads not only for their health benefits but also because fresh herbs taste amazing!!!
In this salad you could use a big bunch of parsley, coriander, basil or mint (or all together!)A cup of quinoa will provide twice the protein and about 5 grams more fiber than the same amount of white rice. Due to this higher quantity of protein and fiber, quinoa is not only the healthier choice but will also fill you up faster, allowing for smaller portion sizes.
This salad won’t feel heavy and your body will thank you afterward.
Cleanse Salad with Cilantro Oil
- 2 Bunches Fresh herbs Whatever fresh herbs you have (I like coriander, parsley, mint and basil and often use them all in one go).
- 46 grams Cooked quinoa or 1/4 cup
- 1 Avocado peeled, stone removed, and cut into cubes
- 1/2 Cucumber cut into cubes
- 1/2 Zucchini cut into small cubes
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 juiced lemon
- 30 grams mixed seeds and nuts for garnish
- 1 drop dōTERRA Cilantro oil
- In a medium bowl add parsley, avocado,quinoa, cucumber, zucchini, and onion and toss to combine.
- In a bowl combine olive oil, one drop of dōTERRA cilantro oil, lemon, and season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine and drizzle over the salad. Serve with nuts and seeds sprinkled over the top.