Baking is such a simple lovely thing to do with the children. My kids love putting on their pinnies and taking it in turns to mix. This is something they often do at their Steiner school and I really appreciate how the Steiner principles hold on to teaching these important life skills. This is a really easy recipe and I love the colour that the blueberries create.
Flourless Blueberry Muffins with Lavender Oil
- 1 Cup (250 g) Cashew Butter
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 3/4 Cup 75(g) Blueberries
- 2 eggs To make this vegan egg substitute (mix 1 tbsp of flax to 3 tbsp of water)
- 2 tbsp Honey subsitute with maple syrup if making this vegan
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 drop dōTERRA Lavender Oil
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Grease a muffin tin with some coconut oil.
- Combine all ingredients (except blueberries) in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Fold in the blueberries and mix well with a spoon.
- Pour the better into the earlier prepared muffin tin and bake for 15 mins, until golden and set. Cool before serving.