This salad is packed with nutrition! Kale contains fiber, antioxidants, calcium, vitamins C and K, iron, and a wide range of other nutrients that can help prevent various health problems. Antioxidants help the body remove unwanted toxins that result from natural processes and environmental pressures.
Broccoli is a good source of fiber and protein and contains iron, potassium, calcium, selenium, magnesium as well as vitamins A, C, E, K, and a good array of B vitamins including folic acid.
Almonds contain lots of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. The health benefits of almonds include lower blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels. They can also reduce hunger and promote weight loss. One of my fave things to do with almonds is to soak them and dehydrate them with a little pink salt. This makes them easier to digest and more nutrient-dense plus crunchy and delish!
My kids love broccoli (mini trees) and they will often be found chomping on kale raw from our allotment as it’s a pretty easy veg to grow.
Kale & Broccoli Salad with Grapefruit Oil
For the Salad
- 1/2 head Broccoli
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 Cup (125 grams) Kale
- 1 1/4 Cup (125 grams) Mixed Salad Leaves
- 1/4 Cup (30 grams) almonds roasted and chopped
For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 drop dōTERRA Grapefruit Oil
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- Place the broccoli florets on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes until soft. Add the kale in the last 10 minutes of cooking. Then remove the from the oven.
- Place the broccoli, kale, and salad leaves in a mixing bowl and add in the almonds. Mix gently.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad. Mix well before serving.