Despite their small size, chia seeds are full of important nutrients. They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants. These tiny warriors provide fiber, iron, and calcium. Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol (the “good” cholesterol) that protects against heart attack and stroke.
Kiwi Chia Pudding with Tangerine Oil
- ¼ cup (45 grams) Chia seeds
- 1 cup (250 ml) Coconut milk
- 1 scoop (25 grams) Vanilla protein powder
- 4 Kiwis 3 kiwis peeled, 1 kiwi peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup (25 grams) Blueberries
- ¼ cup (30 grams) Blackberries
- 1 drop dōTERRA Tangerine Oil
- Combine chia seeds, milk, tangerine oil and protein powder in a jar or glass bowl. Chill in the fridge for at least one hour or for best results- overnight.
- Once out of the fridge give it a good stir, making sure you have a thick gel-like consistency. Taste and sweeten, if needed.
- Place three peeled kiwis in a blender or food processor and blitz until pureed.
- Divide the chia seeds and kiwi puree evenly between 2 glasses. First a layer of chia seeds, then kiwi slices, and then top with another layer of chia seeds.
- Top each pudding with fresh berries and sliced kiwi.