Did you know chocolate is not actually bad for you? Well, it is when it’s laden with sugar and dairy, but real chocolate is actually very beneficial for our health. And you can have such fun with it so it tastes even more amazing, and often I find if I’m eating real chocolate it means I can more easily stop myself from eating too much because it doesn’t do the same thing to the brain.
Vegan Orange Chocolate Mousse with Wild Orange Oil
- food processor
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato, peeled and cooked (225g/0.5 lb sweet potato)
- 1/2 (125) cup (g) smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 (50) cup (g) natural cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 (120) cup (ml) chickpea brine (also called aquafaba)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 drops dōTERRA Wild Orange oil
- Place cooked sweet potato and peanut butter in a food processor. Process until smooth and, then add cacao powder, maple syrup, and dōTERRA Wild Orange oil, blend again until smooth.
- Place chickpea brine in a clean bowl. Add lemon juice and whip with a hand mixer until you achieve stiff peaks (this can take around 3-6 mins) – you should be able to invert the bowl, and the whipped brine should not move an inch.
- Fold whipped chickpea brine into the chocolate and mix until well combined. The mixture will deflate slightly. Spoon the mixture between 4 small serving glasses and place in the fridge for 8 hours(or overnight) for the mousse to set.